For this Meet a Maker series we interviewed Ashley Smith, awesome creator of Hook Line Sinker.
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Awesomeness: necklaces, bracelets, earrings & keychains
1) Can you tell us a little about your background and what compelled you to start a craft business?
Last year I had gotten into fishing. My fishing partner and I would go to the Bass Pro Shop to get equipped before heading out. I'd find myself just staring at the lures. They were bright, pretty and even some, glittery! I was more like, "this is too pretty to fish with. I just want to wear it around my neck." That was my "ah-ha" moment. I bought a couple of lures and took them home and experimented with them. I then found out that I liked the more vintage and used lures more than the new looking ones. The new ones just didn't mesh as well with the more vintage necklaces that I was using.
2) Where does your inspiration come from?
3) What are your favorite things to do for fun?
Tattoo, ride bikes and play with my dogs!
4) What's next for Hook Line Sinker?
I just came out with key chains not too long ago, which are doing well, but I am looking for more options for a more unisex demographic.
5) Any tips or advice for anyone starting their own craft business?
Keep your receipts.
6) How would you spend a million dollars?
Buying property and paying off college.
7) What would you tell your 16 year old self?
Don't tell mom, but you grow up to be a tattoo artist...
5 random facts about you
1. I am the condiment queen! I put red pepper flakes on EVERYTHING and ketchup in my mac & cheese.
2. I will wear Converse to my death bed.
3. I want to live on a farm and have a dog rescue.
4. The only food I've ate and didn't like was chicken feet.
5. I could eat pho every day for the rest of my life...or pizza...or sandwiches.
You can find Hook Line Sinker necklaces, earrings, bracelets and keychain here at the felt bird!
Wanna know more about Hook Line Sinker?
CLICK HERE to SHOP!
CLICK HERE for TWITTER!
CLICK HERE for FACEBOOK!