We'd like to introduce you to this week's Meet A Maker!
Meet Mandy Teague, creator of the cute, So Strawberry
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
the awesomeness: skull earrings, cupcake plush, bow pins & faux fur heart brooch
*how did you come up with the name So Strawberry?
-I'm honestly not sure..it's just an adorable name..but, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a cupcake..
*Can you tell us a little about your background and what compelled you to start a craft business?
- I grew up in a house full of art and music so creativity has always been a huge part of my life. I've been creating art since as long as I can remember and when I was younger I was a keyboardist / vocalist in the Pop band Crimson. After High School I studied Art and Fashion at UCO and started So Strawberry in 2008.
*Where does your inspiration come from?
-I'm constantly being inspired by so many things! I love anything sweet and frilly. Lolita fashions, Japanese Street Fashion, Barbie..just so many things.
*2 favorite websites?
-One of my favorite craft sites is cutoutandkeep.net There are so many talented artists on there it's incredible..they're so inspiring..and then, Etsy..I probably spend more money on there than I should.
*What’s next for So Strawberry?
-I'm still the new kid on the block but I have big dreams however, I don't like to share them..I have a habit of jinxing myself.
*Any tips or advice for anyone starting their own craft business?
-Go for it & never get discouraged!
* 5 random facts about you!
1) I'm afraid of the dark
2) I prefer dresses and skirts to jeans
3) I think The House Bunny is amazing!
4) I drink too much diet soda
5) et je parle francais
You can find So Strawberry at The Felt Bird!!
Wanna know more about Mandy & So Strawberry?
BLOG: CLICK HERE
MYSPACE: CLICK HERE
TWITTER: CLICK HERE
SHOP: CLICK HERE