Monday, August 17, 2009

Friday afternoon we got our vinyl letters on our window!! It's starting to feel real!


This is what the store looked like first thing Monday morning. Remember that slat wall? Riley stripped it and is replacing it with plywood; that should happen this week. And we're also transforming the counter into something more "us". This was the counter used by the last business there; they left it behind.

The piece of wood floating on the ground in the above picture will be our counter top!

We plan to change the counter by painting it with chalkboard paint!







Next Riley worked on base boards! He painted them the color of our ceiling; which is between black & gray.


Here he is cutting the boards to size



Here he is being cute :)

Baseboards in the front part of the store COMPLETE!!


I feel like we still have so much more to do but Riley is reassuring me that we don't. We open in 18 DAYS!!! I can't wait!! What I really can't wait for is to be passed this construction part and start setting up the store! When will that day come?! We're planning by this weekend. Crossing my fingers.

4 comments:

  1. It's looking wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are doing an amazing job! You guys are so inspiring! I wish I could visit your store in person! Go Felt Bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so great! I can't get over how handy Riley is!

    ReplyDelete